1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vectra C 3.2v6 Petrol Auto Limp Mode

Discussion in 'Vectra C Chat' started by Riffraffaus, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Riffraffaus

Riffraffaus New Member

Drives:
    ZC CDXI
    Well I haven't been able to solve the issue with my Veccy going into limp mode. Its now down to just one error, P1895 engine torque signal range/performance. Does anyone know if this error is caused by a faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM) or is something else creating the problem? Can the TCM be re-flashed/reprogrammed, could it need to be re-synced with engine control module?
    Does anyone know what "engine torque signal range/performance" actually means? What action needs to take happen to fix this? I have recently had the transmission oil replaced as the car is up to 116K km's. The oil was black/dirty but not burnt and did not smell burnt. There have been some comments on this forum & others suggesting that this could contribute to the error/limp mode. I have been driving around for a couple of days with the fresh transmission oil and the car has gone into limp twice.
    I think its time to sell it, any thoughts from the brain trusts out there??
    Thanks

2. stewartjay

stewartjay Well-Known Member

Drives:
    2001 Vectra B Estate
    Hi mate i had a look a few tapatalk forums with this fault code. Forum said it could be a blocked cat converter. Not sure why they would say that. But its worth a check just incase. Also check the wiring to maf unit. I had a roughly the same issue with my old b estate auto. Car would run fine have a slight misfire when above 50mph, would rough idle aswell. Turned out the maf unit was knackered.

#2 stewartjay, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    Riffraffaus likes this.
  3. Riffraffaus

Riffraffaus New Member

Drives:
    ZC CDXI
    Hi There stewartjay.
    Appreciate your reply. I have replaced the MAF and checked the wiring loom from the MAF back as far as I can. Wiring looks OK without any obvious visual issues. I have tried to test the wires using a multi-meter based on YouTube demo's and the results would suggest it is operating fine. I have read the issue about a blocked catalytic converter, but not sure how to test for a blockage, if you know what I mean. I will try inspecting and see what comes of it.
    I have now been driving for almost a week and no limp mode/error codes, so the new transmission oil might be "settling in".
    I wont get my hopes up yet but will provide an update in 3 or 4 days.

4. stewartjay

stewartjay Well-Known Member

Drives:
    2001 Vectra B Estate
    Might need to remove the cat itself and check the honeycombs inside havent caved in on themselfs. Its just a process of elimination.

Riffraffaus likes this.
  5. Riffraffaus

Riffraffaus New Member

Drives:
    ZC CDXI
    Where is the best place to purchase the opcom tool?
    Is it worth having one?
    Thanks