1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vectra C 2.2 Diesel Starting Problems

Discussion in 'Vectra C Chat' started by vectra1999, Oct 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vectra1999

vectra1999 New Member

Drives:
    vectra
    Can anyone help. My vectra 2.2 dti takes ages to start after it's been left for a few hours. It turns over freely so can't be the starter. Had the glow plugs changed. Since that I've been told the fuel goes back to the tank.
    Last night I was told to put a non return valve on it to stop it happening. Not sure where to put the valve or if this would help the issue

2. stewartjay

stewartjay Well-Known Member

Drives:
    2001 Vectra B Estate
    Think it should go up near the top of the engine so that the fuel stays at the engine bud. Someone who knows the dti engine better will keep you right. Hope you get it back on the road soon.

3. jonnybravo

jonnybravo Active Member

Drives:
    signum 20 Dti
    Hi ,it will be the injector seals that need replacing they let air into the system and the fuel runs back to the tank,the seals aren't expensive but you have to remove the camshaft to get at them.
    if you park on a steep hill front of car downhill and the car starts ok this will verify the seals are leaking,

4. RADB02

RADB02 Admin
    Staff Member Administrator Elite Member

Drives:
    Vec Cdti 1?? bus
    I'd start with simple things like the leak off pipes before anything else....very common to pull air in

5. clarkey

clarkey Member

Drives:
    07 Vectra Estate
    9 times out of 10 is the leak off pipes from injectors. As Radbo2 said replace them first but be sure to use quality fuel hose at the right diameter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.