1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vectra 2.2dti Boost Presure Valve Wiring

Discussion in 'Vectra B Chat' started by EARBYCR, Aug 29, 2017.

1. EARBYCR

EARBYCR New Member

Drives:
    Cdti 120
    Hi all, i am suffering with P1590 (8) which we know is the Boost Presure valve, pulled the old unit out, looks like someone before me did a bad butcher job on the wiring, from the plug with the clip at the top so plug is facing left, theres a black wire on the right and a blue wire on the left.

now that plug and wiring has been taped to car harness, Black to Red and Blue to Orange.

i swapped out for another BPV still with same issue, going up hill it goes in to limp mode.

if anyone on here has a Vec B 2.2 Dti would you take a look at your wiring and tell me is it red or orange wire to the rear of the engine. i am guessing once i have one the other will be self explanatery.

i will try get a picture uploaded wiring.png

2. EARBYCR

EARBYCR New Member

Drives:
    Cdti 120
    Sorry Orange wire is actually Brown & Yellow

3. EARBYCR

EARBYCR New Member

Drives:
    Cdti 120
    Ok heres a little more information as to why i am working on this, since i have had the car "since April" everytime i begin to go up hill EML light comes on and it goes in to limp mode, all vac pipes have been replaced. this is the only erro code it brings up, if i pull over turn engine off leave it a few seconds and restart EML code clears. if on the motorway and EML comes on sometimes it resets itself.

truely stuck on this. any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. EARBYCR

EARBYCR New Member

Drives:
    Cdti 120
    Finally got this sorted, full power now returned to the Dti, its nice to be able to get on the motor ways again.

5. EARBYCR

EARBYCR New Member

Drives:
    Cdti 120
    20170831_151919.jpg

I figured i would leave an explination as to what the issue finally was apart from the wiring, as you can see from the image above, the boost presure valve was in a bit of a state, turned out that the when i tested the internal circuit there was no connection. so there was not much boost.

because of this when i started the engine the turbo lever to waste gate was hardly moving at all. any how i got hold of another second hand unit as VX wanted £67.50 for the new part, got it all plumbed in, started the engine and waste gate opened fully. now the car has loads more power, does more than 50 MPH where as before EML would come on and go in to limp mode, tried going up the steapest hill near me which is a pretty steap incline. got up it whith no issues, so took it out on local national speed limit road did 60 with out hesitation. last night took her on bypass and the car easily pulls out to over take at 70mph.

today i took her on a private road which is about a mile long. it opened up very well indeed well past UK legal speed limit.

I am a happy chappy once again :)

6. stewartjay

stewartjay Well-Known Member

Drives:
    2001 Vectra B Estate
    Just with the amount of rust building up over the years its fi nally gave up

EARBYCR likes this.