1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vec B 2.2 Dtr Remap

Discussion in 'Vectra B Chat' started by EARBYCR, Jun 20, 2018.

1. EARBYCR

EARBYCR Member

Drives:
    2.2 DTi
    Hi guys I have tried all re-mappers locally. No-One will do it.

@RADB02 - Dave used to do them, unfortunately he has not got back to me for since October 2017, I hope all is ok with him.

Is there anyone else out there in the UK that can remap and delete the EGR on this car. beginning to get pretty desperate at this point lol

so please any and all advice welcome apart from getting another car that is hahaa

2. EARBYCR

EARBYCR Member

Drives:
    2.2 DTi
    Hi all, after extensive phone calling, I have located somewhere that will do the remap in Leeds, Yorkshire. price given is good and they have been on the scene for many years. got it booked in on Thursday.

This is what I am looking at.

Original BHP 125
    Tuned BHP 152
    BHP (Increase) 27
    [BHP Increase (%)] 22.00 %
    Original Torque (Nm) 280
    Tuned Torque (Nm) 335
    Torque (Increase) 55
    Torque Increase (%) 20.00 %

I am hoping they can delete the EGR at the same time, seems to be some questions as to whether this can be done via the OBD.

If it can then deleting the EGR is going to have to be an ecu out job that will cost more than the remap itself.

i will let you know the out come on Friday.

3. Vectra-Arctic

Vectra-Arctic Well-Known Member
    Elite Member

Drives:
    3 Vectra B's.
    Just remember, that removing the EGR will now, since the new MoT regulations came into force, will now allow a keen Tester to fail the car.

EARBYCR likes this.
  4. EARBYCR

EARBYCR Member

Drives:
    2.2 DTi
    erm not sure how it will affect the MOT next time, as I was not aware the new regulations were for older cars. I will take your word for it though and see what the possibilites are. As the EGR is only vacuum powered on this i may be able to leave it in place and just unattach the solenoid from the electrics. I am sure one way or another it will get figured out. thanks again @Vectra-Arctic