1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secturity Code Hassle

Discussion in 'Vectra B Chat' started by EARBYCR, Jul 19, 2018.

1. EARBYCR

EARBYCR Member

Drives:
    2.2 DTi
    well guys its been a little while, so here is what i have been facing.

remote fob stopped working, turn out to be the battery holder came away from the board. being a cheap arse i went to local auto electrics place to see if they could re-solder it.

well two broken key-fobs later I decided I had wasted enough the cheap way.

went to local Perry's vauxhall to get the security code for the car, I wasn't putting a lot of faith in hoping the ECU had not been changed since new.

£35 and 3 days later I got a call from Perry's, they had all the codes for the car, "Bonus" but i have to wait 2 week for the little card. i made arrangements to go get the codes from them. after some pratting about with them over the codes they had miss placed since ringing me I finally had them in hand and headed home.

in the mean time I ordered 2 more key-fobs and a transponder so I would have a spare key as well.

using a nice piece of kit, I entered the security key i was dismayed to the fact it didn't accept it. I was on the verge of scrapping the car, but something told me to ring Perry's and check the code with what they had. luckily i did as the moron had written the code down wrong.

tried the correct code and all went through and programmed up nicely.

this now means i need a new key for the spare transponder and key-fob, I can tell you guys that Timpson's "www.timpson.com" will charge £15 for the privilege of supplying a new key

so there you go what a run around, in end it cost me nearly £100 just to get sorted so i can lock my car and have a spare key.

2. NeilGo

NeilGo Well-Known Member
    Elite Member

Drives:
    2.5 V6 SuperTouring
    Sounds like you’ve been through the wars! I had a more easy ride with my local Vauxhall. When I bought another key for my Vec B, I visited a local chap, recommended by the local Parts Dept at the stealers, who programmed a single key (no fob) to work on the car. I keep the original key and fob as a spare.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]