1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roof Lining

Discussion in 'General Car Chat' started by OzVectra, Dec 25, 2017.

1. OzVectra

OzVectra Active Member

Drives:
    Vectra-B2 V6
    My Vectra roof lining is sagging and needs to be fixed. Please anyone who has fitted a new lining, how did you do it and what materials did you use and what is the result like. Also cost is important.
    Mr V is suggesting black Alcantra, very nice, so there is a starting point.

2. Mr and Mrs V

Mr and Mrs V Apiarists
    Elite Member

Drives:
    CD Hatch & GL Estate
    Further to that in the multi-topic thread................

You pull all the pillars trims in (don't neccessarily need to remove em) at the top, lights, handles, sunvisors etc, and delicately man-handle the lining out the back through the hatch or tailgate and off to an upholsterer/motor trimmer.

We had everything removed and finally removed the lining at the trimmer's shop. I can't remember how much it cost, but $150ish sounds vaguely familiar. That was in WA though, so the East Coast will no doubt be cheaper.

Alternatively, you can buy spray-on glue and put the fabric on yourself. This is what I'll do next time.

Edit: Just read your other post Hannu........definitely use new fabric is my recommendation. If you go black you can also get like a spray on dye and do the pillars black too. I've used it and it worked great.