1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Persia Red...

Discussion in 'Vectra B Chat' started by oilburner, Jul 14, 2017.

1. oilburner

oilburner Member

Drives:
    2000 SRi 2.5V6 Hatch
    Hi all after a long break I have a B again.

Since last on here its actually my 3rd I think, a 1.8ls auto that looks a state but got me out of a mess, a nice 1.8 sxi in silver now being driven by my sister in law and now a really nice one..

Just picked up a Y reg 2.6 Sri Estate in Persia red. This colour seems really rare? Is that the case?

Couple of bits to do like brakes and a service but cambelt already done for me about 12k miles ago.

The bodywork is superb with no corrosion to the arches at all! Its had some paint in the past but a good wet sand and machine polish should have it stunning.

Already put a race tube on but still very quiet, otherwise its just tracking and a regas of the tepid air con!

She was a total bargain too, chuffed!

Also having also owned a 2.5 hatch the smooth and responsive pull of the 2.6 is sooo much more driveable the torque is like a diesel! Anyway, see you all around. Pics when its polished :)

garybaldi69 likes this.
  2. persia-chris

persia-chris Not a Newbie........

Drives:
    Little kangoo van
    Loved my persia, god i miss that car :(

As for being rare, yes I believe that it was one of the rarer colours.

What does your logbook say the colour is. Some say red, some brown and sometimes something totally different.

Attached Files:

garybaldi69 likes this.
  3. oilburner

oilburner Member

Drives:
    2000 SRi 2.5V6 Hatch
    My logbook says red. I can see why some would say brown lol but in the sun mine goes purple. Weird colour but looks great.

Yours looks superb too, itching to get some 17s on it just got to decide which style!

4. persia-chris

Drives:
    Little kangoo van
    It did look superb but I bet it looks like a fridge now lmao

You can't go wrong with a set of phase 2 gsi rims on the vec b but in saying that a nice set of snowflakes in anthracite look the business on a Persia vec b

garybaldi69 likes this.
  5. persia-chris

Drives:
    Little kangoo van
    Not my car but a mates old one (he used to be on here, not sure if he still is) but he had anthracite snowiest on his Persia loon

Attached Files:

garybaldi69 likes this.
  6. oilburner

oilburner Member

Drives:
    2000 SRi 2.5V6 Hatch
    Ooo that looks beautiful , I just need to be wary of wheel size. I bought a wagon this time primarily for family use. Once I get some eibachs on there and fully load it i dont want to run out of suspension with big wheels :(

garybaldi69 likes this.