1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Subframe Bushes/washer Fix

Discussion in 'Vectra B Chat' started by stevie16v, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevie16v

stevie16v Active Member

Drives:
    2.6 gsi (restoring)
    Looking for a bit of advice, I've just got the vectra back on the road after doing a full suspension rebuild etc. Got the tracking done (will need to get 4 wheel alignment done I think) but the handling is terrible. The car pulls left, wheel points right. Steering isn't precise so something is amiss. I've been checking it over and the only thing I can find is a bit of up/down play on the front subframe bushes. A bit of research has shown about the subframe washer fix. I have washer on the front and middle but none on the rear at the triangle plate. Looking at the microfiche for it, it shows there should be one above the triangle plate and one below. Is anyone able to confirm if this is correct and is this potentially causing my issues? Cheers

2. stewartjay

stewartjay Well-Known Member

Drives:
    2001 Vectra B Estate
    Is the subframe perfectly aligned as well stevie just incase its the cause. The washer mod ive seen this on the forum i think its in the how to list for the b

stevie16v likes this.
  3. stevie16v

stevie16v Active Member

Drives:
    2.6 gsi (restoring)
    I got the tracking done as a safety measure but I pretty sure something else is well out. There's a place not far away with the hunter alignment and they do a free check so I'll contact them next week, it's worth a try

4. persia-chris

persia-chris Not a Newbie........

Drives:
    Little kangoo van
    Washer trick is a common thing. Even the stealers sell them but ive know people use normal washers from a diy shop.

Unless vxl have changed the part number, its 90468553.

Undo one bolt at a time put washer on this way up "_-_" and not "-_-" (hope that makes sense, well it should when you see them lol)

5. persia-chris

persia-chris Not a Newbie........

Drives:
    Little kangoo van
    Ive attached a couple of pictures for you. One is a screenshot of the part for sale from autovaux and the other is a picture of the part

Hth

Attached Files:

stevie16v likes this.
  6. stewartjay

stewartjay Well-Known Member

Drives:
    2001 Vectra B Estate
    Did this mod on the old b dti as the radiator had dropped by about an inch.

7. stevie16v

stevie16v Active Member

Drives:
    2.6 gsi (restoring)
    It appears that I already have the washer fitted. The pay in the bushes is fine apparently because its up and down. Getting a click when I press down on the driver side wing, it sounds like it's from the strut, spring clicking against the stop perhaps because they don't have the rubber covers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.