1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damm Psa Groupe And Their Takeover Of Vauxhall Opel

Discussion in 'Vectra B Chat' started by Vectra-Arctic, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Vectra-Arctic

Vectra-Arctic Well-Known Member
    Elite Member

Drives:
    3 Vectra B's.
    Out driving my Vectra B Automatic today and the engine management light came on, noticed a drop in power and wouldn't rev above 4.5k. Obviously dropped into Limp Home Mode, so I thought either Camshaft or Crankshaft Sensor. Got home and plugged in OPCOM and up came the P0340 code (Camshaft Intermittent). So last time this happened about 3 to 4 years ago, I got the modified new Sensor and had to get a new Sensor wiring loom and that cost about £95 on Vauxhall Trade price, so genuine parts so a little miffed that the genuine Vauxhall Sensor had failed. Went to the local Vauxhall Dealer to get a new or order a Sensor on Trade prices for around £45 I thought it would be, had a shock when I was told £78 now, after I picked myself up off the floor, the Parts guy said that loads of parts have gone up since the PSA Groupe takeover of Vauxhall Opel and that a load of items have been taken off Trade prices now. He was kind enough to give me the correct Part number for the sensor (24445139). Back home I checked ebay and called Vaux-World to check their parts stock, they had a non genuine part so ordered this immediately via phone, maybe here tomorrow or Thursday.

The guy at Vaux-World confirmed that PSA Groupe had bumped up the price of a load of older VX parts and had deleted loads off the VX Trade price list, so backing up my Dealer's Parts guy comment.

Damm PSA, hate that company with a vengence ! :GAAH!:big gun :boxing:

jazzyj122 likes this.
  2. Vectra-Arctic

Elite Member

Drives:
    3 Vectra B's.
    Just to add, the Vaux-World supplied cam sensor arrived this morning, excellent service from them :)

3. v6 veccy est

v6 veccy est Member

Drives:
    gsi estate
    I hope you managed to sort it

4. Vectra-Arctic

Elite Member

Drives:
    3 Vectra B's.
    Not yet, during the coming week hopefully.

5. Vectra-Arctic

Elite Member

Drives:
    3 Vectra B's.
    Got the Delphi camshaft sensor swapped over today and the fault code cleared on Opcom. Backed the car out onto the road and no EML, thought great [​IMG]

Parked the car up on the road, had a bit of a chat with the mechanic for a few mins. Got back in the car, started the engine and EML came back on, plugged Opcom back in and P0340 code again. Can't be looked at by the mechanic until next week now as the mechanic has other jobs booked for the rest of this week, he's going to change the crankshaft sensor next and if that fails to clear the P0340 code, its a rewire job on the camshaft sensor wiring loom. Just ordered a Delphi Crankshaft sensor off ebay. Not a happy bunny as it looks like the old genuine VX Siemens sensor (fitted in 2014) was ok after all [​IMG]

6. Vectra-Arctic

Elite Member

Drives:
    3 Vectra B's.
    Right, an update to this thread.

The Delphi crankshaft sensor arrived on Monday, arranged a 54 mile drive to Droitwich - my ex VX Mechanics house on Wednesday with the EML on, fitted the Delphi Crankshaft sensor (just as well as the original VX one had the cables almost burnt through the plastic shielding and insulation), so with an optimistic feeling he fitted the Delphi Sensor, cleared the fault code, went to start the car, just wouldn't start, Opcom showed no engine cranking rpm, feelings of doom set in. So new Delphi camshaft & crankshaft sensors fitted and not working. Rang around the area's VX Dealers, both genuine sensor's - none in stock, 2 days to get them in. Rang Bromsgrove Motor factors, they had a Lucas Crankshaft sensor in stock, so £31 odd later, this was fitted and the car started, but still showing the EML, tried to clear the P0340 code but came back on a second later. That was it for the day as he had to go to work, so drove back in limp mode (gettiing used to this :( ). Spoke to my other ex VX mechanic mate, he knew a vehicle sparky who was quite good. So today the car went to Walsall and met up with my mate and his sparky friend. Out came his laptop with Vauxcom and multimeter, signal tester etc. ECU disconnected and cabling checked, seemed to indicate an open circuit on one lead. So wiring pulled apart, airbox off, cambelt cover off etc checking circuits etc. Unable to find out why but had to call it a day as the sparky had another appointment elsewhere, so my mate reassembed the wiring and other bits. Before he put it all back together he swapped the camshaft sensor for a used genuine Siemens sensor as a final act of desperation. So, car all reassembled, started her up and lo and behold the EML went out and the engine would rev beyond 4.5k. One happy bunny :)

It seems like DELPHI branded camshaft & crankshaft sensors are bloody useless for the x18xe engines. So I have a genuine VX Siemens camshaft sensor (used) and a Lucas crankshaft sensor fitted and so far all is well.

Never liked Lucas stuff in the past (back in my '74 Viva HC days in the 1980's) as Lucas kit was prone to being next to bloody useless, ign coils, dizzy points, alternators etc.

So just going to run the car for the next few days to check if this is a permanent fix or just a temporary blip. Thinking back to earlier today I did mention to my mechanic if it was the ECU (Automatic) again then I would probably scrap the car, the car must of heard and thought about behaving itself :D

7. akkers

akkers Active Member

Drives:
    Signum 3.2 v6
    fingers crossed its gonna behave for you matey