1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change Of Career Lol

Discussion in 'General Car Chat' started by Vectra-Arctic, Jan 13, 2018 at 9:50 PM.

1. Vectra-Arctic

Vectra-Arctic Well-Known Member
    Elite Member

Drives:
    3 Vectra B's.
    I was outside around midday with the bonnet up on my Vectra Automatic doing a thermostat assembly change and coolant swap (the thermostat had got stuck partially open), I ordered a replacement off ebay which arrived yesterday. So, armed with the new assembly and 5 ltrs of GM's Red (Dex-Cool) I set about the task and drained the existing red antifreeze. Easy swapover (x18xe engine) on the thermostat. Anyway all reassembled, refilled antifreeze and started the engine and then I heard a voice calling me over by the pavement. Anyway in short, this guy owns a Vectra B 2L DTI and he asked me would I be interested in buying it as he had just bought a Landy and didn't want to have two cars. He said that because I have 5 Vauxhalls on the driveway, he thought I was a collector Lol. I told him that I didn't want another one and certainly not a diesel. We were chatting about Vectra B's in general and lo and behold another guy comes over from across the road and asks me am I interested in buying his 51 plate Astra SXI as he wants it to go to someone who will care for it.
    I did a quick scan around on my property to make sure I didn't have a Vauxhall Dealer's sign up advertising that I buy cars :confused:

I told them both to drop around full details of their cars (mileage, Mot etc) and said I would keep my eyes open for them, let's see if they do !

So with the chat over I got back to my Vectra Auto which I had left engine running and checked the coolant level and circulation, all was well :)

2. akkers

akkers Active Member

Drives:
    2.6 Sri V6
  3. Vectra-Arctic

Vectra-Arctic Well-Known Member
    Elite Member

Drives:
    3 Vectra B's.
    End terrace house, so 3 VX's on the front and 2 on the side. Got enough room for 2 more Lol.

I know someone who has a big ex dealer Vauxhall (2003 logo) sign, but he won't sell it :(