1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#0066 X20xev Ecotec Supertouring

Discussion in 'Vectra Diaries' started by squall1066, Feb 25, 2018.

1. squall1066

squall1066 Active Member

Drives:
    supertouring #0066
    ok, update, great mechanic came over, found it was lots of faults, mainly, the main fuse box in car was burnt and dripping plastic :-o so I got to rewire the whole dang thing!!

then it was smaller things like idle control unit, maf sensor, aux belt tensioner rattling, a bad repair on upper sump housing(lots of silicone lol) and a bad coolant temp sensor.

so I have all ready ordered all the parts, well apart from belt tensioner, cant seam to find one under 100 quid lol.

so there we go, I can see light again now, just shows how bad the first garage I taken it too, as they found none of these main problems, unless the computer tells them, they dont know, more fitters than mechanics.

feeling more optimistic now, I want to get the vinyl on the car asap so it looks the business.

EDIT - Oh and those extra plugs I found on the head loom were for either a 4x4 or auto box connection, so I am not using the right loom for this car.

jazzyj122 likes this.
  2. paul 130

paul 130 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Area Rep Elite Member

Drives:
    Vectra GSi
    squall1066 likes this.
  3. NeilGo

NeilGo Well-Known Member
    Elite Member

Drives:
    2.5 V6 SuperTouring
    Sounds a lot more positive. Keep going!

squall1066 likes this.
  4. squall1066

squall1066 Active Member

Drives:
    supertouring #0066
    thanks guys, I will keep my progress updated here, but there has been none in the last month, well, I have received the parts, problems getting a new fuse board, mine had no GM number on, it was not worn, just did not have one, and searching reviled around 6 GM numbers so had to look more into it to get the correct one, I think I got it, first one ordered did not arrive so that wasted a fortnight, second one arrived next day lol.

also managed to get a set of full leather seats, I personally dont like recaro as it doubles my insurance lol

I shall get more pictures up, mainly of the work getting done, before/after, then I shall give her a test spin and a wash, then get more pics of her, lots of vauxhall meets around me and no car to go in lol.

NeilGo likes this.
  5. Vectra-Arctic

Vectra-Arctic Well-Known Member
    Elite Member

Drives:
    3 Vectra B's.
  6. squall1066

squall1066 Active Member

Drives:
    supertouring #0066
    just a little update, I fix one problem and find two more lol, there is a problem with the loom, and I cant find it, I will have to pin out every wire, and I dont have time for that, so I am doing a rally fan mod and bypassing any fan wired that go into the car, I have managed to get some help, so the car is going off to his garage over the winter, I want to pursue this as there are only 10 of these left on the road (2lt) with 38 on sorn, I was told this will cost more than the cars worth, But I regret selling my last one so much, I cant let go of this one, ever, if someone offered me 10k for it now, I would turn them down, lol, so it will be quiet on this thread over the winter, I have some pics of my problem areas i will put up in the next few days, thanks for following this project, its far from over.

7. NeilGo

NeilGo Well-Known Member
    Elite Member

Drives:
    2.5 V6 SuperTouring
    That's interesting. I understand how a modified interior can increase the risk ie more desirable and therefore more stealable as well as creating a more sportier environment that might make a driver more inclined to drive faster, etc. However, I was under the impression that Recaros are not really a modification as they were a dealer fit option for the Super Touring because the pre-face GSI was available in Recaro trim from around the same time and iirc possibly a factory option in some circumstances. And the ST200 spec included Recaros.

What has your insurance company said as double the premium for an interior that could be argued was standard is a bit ott and massively steep cost wise.

8. Vectra-Arctic

Vectra-Arctic Well-Known Member
    Elite Member

Drives:
    3 Vectra B's.
    I hate Insurance company's who try it on. I did a quote for my SORN'd Vectra B SXi (1.8 16v) recently on a well know comparison website and selected the AA Insurance quote option, spoke to them on the phone to clarify the quote and they wanted roughly 80% extra due to the fact that I declared that I had fitted a LetterBox backbox exhaust in place of the standard backbox, I said to them that it was a factory option and listed in the Irmscher 2002 mods/parts Vauxhall catalogue so is in fact a factory approved part, but no the jobsworth insisted that it a 'serious performance mod' and wanted to add nearly 80% to the quote price. I said no thanks and will look elsewhere when I decide to put it back on the road.

NeilGo likes this.